Wednesday, January 24, 2007

REVIEW: Perfect Organics Orange Ginger Shea Butter

Well! This sure puts the perfect back into organics.

Orange is my new favorite winter scent--it's so evocative, warm. And my acupuncturists have all been telling me to step up the ginger to warm up my cold constitution. I've been chucking it into soups, but now I have it in Perfect Organics' Orange-Ginger Shea butter.

As I have mentioned many times before, I am lazy. And I love multipurpose products. This is basically plain old organic shea butter with 100% organic oils and non-GMO (thank you!) vitamin E as preservative.

I use shea butter to
  • Moisturize
  • Lip balm
  • Tame staticky hair flyaways
  • Can be used as styling gel (sparingly!)
  • Spot conditioner for dry ends after shampoo
  • Great cuticle cream
  • PLUS it's not a liquid or a gel
Basically, stash one of these in your travel kit and skip the moisturizer, lip balm, hair gel, etc.

I've also heard you can use it as a "personal lubricant." However, I *don't* think it's latex safe and if you're trying to conceive, stay clear of anything that may alter the pH of your vagina!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article.

If you enjoy multi-purpose products...view www.outofafricashea.com. These products are all that you can use and stand for a cause to help the poverty of South Africa by supplying education and jobs.

Peace and Rhythm

Anonymous said...

in response to 'Anonymous said... Great article.'
I don't believe that getting out of 'poverty' is what South Africa needs; it's what Western, Central and Eastern Africa need.