Friday, November 06, 2009

Present Idea, bamboo + silk scares

You know I love organizations like Kiva that help people make a living, especially with green projects, folk medicines, etc. Well, it's present season and you might want to consider some of these great three-season silk and bamboo scarves that are made with pesticide free materials and low impact dyes, made by these women in Chang Mai, Thailand.

This bamboo and silk scarf is soft, light, and stylish. Tyler, the person who runs this organization, Giftscarves.com, sent me some of the pictures of the women at work. Check the other colors out here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I actually did buy one of the scarves as a Christmas gift per your suggestion.

GreenFertility said...

Thank you! I'm wearing mine right now!

Jeff said...

The purple scarves are lovely. Also, I like the green idea.